Sandy B New Album 2014
Sandy B album release 2014
The much awaited new album by the legendary Sandy B is now available. It is a hot Deep House and Afro Pop album to surely take the world by storm. Mega Star, his label is currently running a serious worldwide campaign to promote Sandy B album simply titled - Call Me Mr Jones and the response is phenomenal. It is such a unique way of promoting an album and it is getting thumbs up from all music lovers across the world.
Sandy B last release was back in 2005 when he released the album titled 'Spencer'. Ever since he was just releasing singles which sold mainly on the net. Born in Hammersdale Township in 1970 something and spend half of his teenage years in Chesterville, Sandy B grew up in a hard way but remained focus and positive about everything. He lost his home due to political unrests when he was 14 years old. He had already moved to Chesterville to live with his family friend and continued his schooling there. In those years is when his mother and siblings found no comfort in living in the area that was overshadowed by the cloud of violence smoke and brutal killings. They had to move from one place to another while Sandy B was also trying to organise his life in Chesterville. Born Sandile Bhengu, Sandy B has never met his father or his siblings from his farther's side. Let alone even seeing his picture. The Bhengu surname was his mother's from her defunct marriage before she met Sandy B father. Music remained what brought him closer to many people. He joined some groups, from Gospel to Choral to Euro Pop. That taught him to be flexible and gave him a good ear for many kinds of music. Later in life he went solo as Sandy B and released the very first KwaZulu Natal Kwaito album with the national hit Amajovi Jovi. Thereafter other albums followed but he was always ahead of time which made most of his work get minimal airtime. But Sandy B name always remained counted with some of the huge role players in the music industry. Today he owns one of the big and respected CD manufacturing plants in Durban and provides his services to many new and big artists of South Africa and abroad.
Other few things about Sandy B
- While in high school, STD 8, he once took a temporal job as a security guard. He schooled during the day and worked 6 to 6 at night.
- He also worked as a litter picker on the beach during school holidays
- He also earned himself extra cash by organizing weekend school classes and charged his fellow students to teach them subjects like History.
- For STD 9 he travelled to Mpumalanga province knowing nobody there, he spent a year at Fenie and it is where he met his high school girlfriend who gave them their first son Simphiwe, who died in November 2013 through a car accident.
- Sandy B comes from the family of 8 that hardly spent time under one roof (He has his own father, he has never seen)
- He took care of most of his teenage life to udulthood.
- He worked and managed a top clothing retail in the country, 3rd Base and The Big L.
- He took, martial art Kung Fu classes and did serious training for some years.
- Sandy B Jones has a daughter Nandi and his last born, Dee Onke.
- Musically, Sandy B has worked with many local and international acts like Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Ibo Cooper (Third World), Paul Hussey (UB 40), Mthunzi Namba, Joe Thomas, Lucky Dube, Joe Nina and many others.
- He has been in movies like Stander, AmaDoller, I wish I was In Jail and others
- Sandy B is a former Durban Youth Radio presenter, Metro Fm entertainment commentator and currently has a show on Inanda 88.4 fm every Saturdays 4 to 6pm presenting Reggae, Dancehall and Lovers Rock Music.
- He co produced the very first KZN DJ compilation to sell double platinum - No Retreat No Surrender by DJ Bongz
- He owns the first Black owned and promising Durban CD manufaturing plant, Mega Star.
- Sandy B is the columnist for News 24
- 2013 he was awarded with The Future Leaders Award - Music Catergory.
Sandy B has groomed many artists South Africa is now proud of.